Apple 3:54 How to make a classic apple pie This pie is the apple of our eye! In this video we show you all the baking tips and tricks to make the perfect classic apple pie (RECIPE BELOW). Trust us, the only thing better than the smell of freshly baked cinnamon pastry and apples is getting to eat them.
Get at least one brand new video every week, including recipes, kitchen hacks and handy cooking tips to help you feed your family and friends: https://goo.gl/msa4kR
CLASSIC APPLE PIE
Serves 12 Prep 20 mins (+ cooling & 1 hour resting time)
Cooking 50 mins
4 large Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, thinly sliced
⅓ cup (75g) caster sugar
1 lemon, zested, juiced
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tbs cornflour
1 tbs water
1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg white, lightly whisked
1 tbs caster sugar, extra
Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
2¼ cups (335g) plain flour
½ cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
185g chilled butter, chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Coles Australian Free Range Egg yolks
1 tbs chilled water
1. To make the cinnamon pastry, combine flour, icing sugar and cinnamon in a food processor. Add the butter and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks and water and process until dough comes together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
2. Reserve one-third of the pastry. Roll out remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Line the base and side of a 22cm fluted tart tin, with removable base, with pastry. Trim the edge. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C. Place the apple, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until apple starts to soften. Combine cornflour and water in a bowl. Add to the apple mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins or until apple is tender and juices thicken slightly. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
4. Line the pastry case with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 mins. Remove the paper and weights or rice. Bake for a further 8 mins or until pastry is dry to the touch and light golden.
5. Spoon the apple mixture into the pastry case. Roll out reserved pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Cut half the pastry into 2cm x 25cm strips. Arrange the pastry strips, cutting to fit, in a lattice pattern over the apple mixture. Use heart-shaped cutters to cut hearts from the remaining reserved pastry. Arrange around the edge of the pie. Lightly brush pastry with the egg white and sprinkle with extra sugar.
6. Bake for 20 mins or until pastry is light golden. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly. Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature with ice-cream.
Want more easy and delicious recipes? Check out our Easy desserts playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Coi2qfhBEg&list=PL8rYS6B-sVuJy65c9LS01-Nq3Ss1enSM-, which includes:
How to make perfect fluffy pancakes: https://youtu.be/iWsTgusLuw8
How to make pancakes in a beautiful ombre stack: https://youtu.be/5mHGUcaa4yI
How to make pretty fruit yoghurt bark: https://youtu.be/fycv2_yVaqk
Jammy slow-cooker sponge pudding: https://youtu.be/JTszUXj5u3g How to make a classic apple pie
How to make a classic apple pie video downloader lucu song converter editor videocon d2h videoder to mp3 games editing software hd gana apps album art anak audio analytics all animation gaan bf bhojpuri blue bp bhajan baby monitor by make joke of videoblocks background bangla camera card benchmarks copilot conferencing call chat comparison compressor online
How to make a classic apple pie app download x downloading sites dance dj free for pc downloadhelper europe windows jobs facebook full funny fly format kids football frame gane gan grabby lyrics 2017 game high school grabber hindi videohive hantu horor icon iphone intro templates 8 interview ideas in html insight infographic maker joiner jokes jaran goyang japanese js